A bar of soap can be more or less bought as it is or with very little means of packaging. You don't need plastic bottles or pumps that burden the environment
To change from using a plastic soap bottle to a bar of soap.
1. A bar of soap can be bought as it is without any packaging, plastic and pumps that burden the environment are not necessary. Do you know that more than 60% of the cost of liquid soap is in fact in the packaging of it and that what you are also paying for is a a great deal of water that liquid soap contains.
2. A bar of soap can come in all shapes, sizes and colours. Soap can have patterns on it, small peeling corns, petals, yes it’s only our imagination that sets the limits. You sense directly the feel of soap and its scent the moment you see and hold it which differs from that of liquid soaps that are enclosed in packaging made of plastic.
3. It costs about ten times as much as a bar of soap to use in comparison. In accordance to a calculation done by dailyfinance.com.
4. A bar of soap lasts longer than a liquid soap. You only use as much as you need with a bar of soap. When using liquid soaps with a pump it can easily happen that too much soap runs out of the bottle with each use.
5. Bars of soap are easier to transport , for both the supplier and the consumer. Easier transportation leads on to less carbon dioxide emissions and less of an impact on the environment.